Ritholtz's 10 Weekend Reads: The Perfect Veggie and Jeopardy!
Good Saturday morning. Pour yourself a strong cup of joe, settle down into your favorite chair, and enjoy these longer-form weekend reads:
• Secrets of the Brain (National Geographic)
• Forget GMO, Monsanto Is Going Organic in a Quest for the Perfect Veggie (Wired)
• 'It Was Just the Dumbest Luck' -- Facebook's First Employees Look Back (Mashable)
• How Music Hijacks Our Perception of Time (Nautilus)
• Confessions of a TSA Agent: Dear America, I Saw You Naked (Politico)
• Silicon Valley: It Doesn't Have To Be This Way (TechCrunch) see also Too Many Sorry Excuses for Apology (DealBook)
• How Jenna Lyons Transformed J.Crew Into A Cult Brand (FastCo)
• In Conversation: Saturday Night Live's Lorne Michaels (Vulture)
• Our Interview With Jeopardy! Champion Arthur Chu (Mental Floss) see also Jeopardy's New Game-Theory Devotee Is One to Keep an Eye On (The Wire)
• The Woody Allen Allegations: Not So Fast (Daily Beast)
What else do you have planned for the weekend?
Speed Traders Get an Edge, Paying For Direct Access to News
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
(Barry Ritholtz writes about finance, the economy and the business world for Bloomberg View. Follow him on Twitter @Ritholtz.)
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com