Obama Hijacks the Republican Agenda
It might be true that speeches rarely amount to much, and the heightened absurdity of the State of the Union address -- with its weird formality and members of Congress bobbing up and down like synchronized swimmers -- usually makes it seem less consequential than most. But when it comes to domestic policy, speeches are one of only a few instruments of presidential power. They're worth doing well.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- Why Workers Are Losing to Capitalists
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Stronger Global Relations Require Business Leadership
- Trump Evangelizes for American Exceptionalism