What Mattered This Week?
Did the president's speech (and underlying decisions) on the NSA and privacy issues matter? That's not easy to answer. I suspect that what matters most is the Congressional reaction -- not the immediate sound bites, but whether they really start to take oversight more seriously and draft some laws that actually change policies. So the president's speech was important if it had an effect, one way or another, on that.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- Trump Might Actually Wreck Nafta, Believe Him
- A Corporate Tax Cut Isn't Just a Giveaway to the Rich
- The Three Scenarios That Should Guide Investors
- The Liberal Media Is Beating Donald Trump