My train delayed, man it's cold outside morning reading:
• Never Mind the Predictions: What Did We Learn? (NY Times)
• Of brains and balls: Nassim Taleb's macro bets (Noahpinion), see also Nassim Taleb used to be my hero. But today, he's just plain wrong. (The Week)
• Buybacks, Great Rotation, and Melt-Up (Dr. Ed's Blog)
• 7 predictions for 2014, 5 of them probably true (MarketWatch), see also Bull Market Has Years Left for Shaoul on S&P 500 Values (Bloomberg)
• The Strange and Interesting History of the GLD ETF (TBP)
• Manage Your Biases (Adam H. Grimes), see also Every Seven Years (The Research Puzzle)
• NYT spreads AEI's Big Lie of the Crisis (Columbia Journalism Review)
• How global warming can make cold snaps even worse (Quartz)
• Bruce Springsteen "High Hopes" album review (Rolling Stone)
• Colin Kaepernick May Be the Toughest (or Craziest) Quarterback Ever (WSJ)
What are you reading?
Company Earnings Warnings Are at Record Highs
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org