Ritholtz's 10 Weekend Reads: A Gun to Your Head
Good morning, here are the longer form weekend reading materials I have accumulated over the week.
• How Netflix Reverse Engineered Hollywood (The Atlantic)
• Americans Love Affair with Cars is Over (Columbia Journalism Review)
• Academic / Media Smackdown:
... Academics Who Defend Wall St. Reap Reward (NY Times)
... I Have Not Yet Begun to Write: Responding to the New York Times' Farrago of Dishonesty, Insinuations, and Ad Hominem (Streetwise Professor)
• A Jobs Agenda for the Right (National Affairs)
• A Speck in the Sea (NY Times)
• Why the Passenger Pigeon Became Extinct (New Yorker)
• NSA seeks quantum computer that could crack most codes (Washington Post)
• What should you do if someone puts a gun to your head? (Quora)
• Isaac Asimov Predicts in 1964 What the World Will Look Like Today -- in 2014 (Open Culture) see also Visit to the World's Fair of 2014 (NY Times)
• Outside the Lines: Michael Jordan Has Not Left The Building (ESPN)
What's for brunch?
S&P 500 Above 200-Day Moving Average for all of 2013
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com