Supply, Demand and Heart Attacks
The U.S. health-care system, with its bizarre pricing mechanisms and convoluted relationship between supply and demand, is probably about as far from a free market as anything in the country's economy gets. Yet according to two studiesbeing presented at this weekend's American Economic Association annual meeting in Philadelphia, market forces do operate in some way.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Trump Has Created Leverage Against Iran. Now He Needs a Closer.
- No, Boris. A Trump-Led Brexit Wouldn't Be Glorious