Ritholtz's 10 Monday Reads: 100 Years of the Fed

Barry Ritholtz is a Bloomberg View columnist. He founded Ritholtz Wealth Management and was chief executive and director of equity research at FusionIQ, a quantitative research firm. He blogs at the Big Picture and is the author of “Bailout Nation: How Greed and Easy Money Corrupted Wall Street and Shook the World Economy.”
Read More.
a | A

Sure, I am on vacation. But OCD never takes any time off -- hence, what I'm reading this week:

• Valuation, Profit Margins and Stock Market Returns: Adventures in Curve Fitting (Philosophical Economics)

• Do not get wrongfooted on descent from QE (FT.com), see also The Federal Reserve was created 100 years ago. This is how it happened. (Washington Post)

• 99% of Long-Term Investing Is Doing Nothing; the Other 1% Will Change Your Life (Motley Fool)

• Lessons from 2013 in pictures (A Dash of Insight)

• A Wordnado of Words in 2013 (NY Times)

• The China Mobile iPhone is specific to China Mobile (stratechery), see also Apple Reaches Deal to Sell iPhones Through China Mobile (Bloomberg)

• Stop coddling your dog--he's 99.9% wolf (Quartz)

• Your "Thoughtful" Gifts Are Suboptimal (Priceonomics)

• Biomedical Technology Stories in 2013 (MIT Technology Review)

• Why You're More Likely To Buy Something When Shopping On Your iPad (Fast Company)

What are you reading?

Even Skeptics Are Sticking With Stocks

Source: WSJ

This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.

To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at britholtz3@bloomberg.net