Ritholtz's 10 Weekend Reads: Anesthesia and Hipster Tech
Kick off your vacations with my longer form, weekend reading material (expertly curated just before I head off to the airport!):
• The Rhyme of History: Lessons of the Great War (Brookings Essay)
• The Day Google Had to 'Start Over' on Android (The Atlantic)
• One Country Saved Its Jews. Were They Just Better People? (New Republic)
• Placebo-philes (Anxious Machine)
• What Anesthesia Can Teach Us About Consciousness (NY Times)
• Paul Goldberger on Starchitect-Designed Company Headquarters in Silicon Valley (Vanity Fair)
• When Lenders Sue, Quick Cash Can Turn Into a Lifetime of Debt (ProPublica)
• Glitch in the Afterlife (BoingBoing)
• Did Hipster Tech Really Save the Obama Campaign? (Wired)
What's up for the holidays?
Gold was the worst trade of 2013
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org