10 Weekend Reads: Netflix, Infomercials and Wasting Time
Here are my longer-form weekend reads:
• The Rise and Fall of BlackBerry: An Oral History (Businessweek)
• The Man Who Would Teach Machines to Think (Atlantic)
• The Search for a Blockbuster Insomnia Drug (New Yorker)
• The Economics of Infomercials (Priceonomics)
• Netflix has a plan to rewire our entire culture (New Republic)
• The Anti-Reactionary FAQ (Slate Star Codex)
• Forging an Art Market in China (NY Times)
• Statistically, Who's the Greatest Person in History? (New Republic)
What are you up to this weekend?
Central Banks Warn of Bitcoin Risks
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Population Bomb Has Been Defused
- Mueller Just Stepped Over Trump's Red Line
- Clarence Thomas Has a Big Decision to Make
- Putin Has Committed Russia to a Risky Gamble
- The Costs of Trump's Chaotic Reboot
- In the Future, There Will Be a Distillery on Every Corner
- Republicans Are Wrong About Conor Lamb