Goldman Made a Mint Hoarding Metal. So What?
Over the weekend, the New York Times ran a long investigative story explaining something that market insiders have known for years: Keeping industrial metals in warehouses can be profitable. It can be even more profitable if -- like Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan Chase and Morgan Stanley -- you own the warehouses and can sell the metals in the futures markets.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- China Could Seize a Bit of the Skies
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights