Ben Bernanke’s Quixotic Quest for Clarityby
If Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke thought that helping investors to understand Fed policy was going to be easy, the past few weeks have disabused him of that notion. Comments he made last month unsettled financial markets and caused interest rates to spike -- an effect he hadn’t intended. Since then, he’s been trying to repair the damage.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- Being Sure You're Right Makes You Weaker