Economic History Roundup
Here are our picks for economic-history reads of the week:
- Resources for the Future on U.S. shale-gas development
- Mainly Macro on the importance of understanding economic history
- Project Syndicate on lessons from World War I for today's economy
- Mental Floss on a brief history of sliced bread
- The Atlantic on when there were more jobs than people
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Israel's First 70 Years Have Surprised the World
- Comey Seems Blind to the Truth About Lying
- New Threat to the U.S.: the Axis of Autocracy
- Israel Survives Because of an Iron Will and an Iron Wall
- U.S. Pension Fund Collapse Isn't a Distant Prospect. It Could Come in 5 Years.
- With Trump, Bill Clinton Deja Vu
- Trump's Tariff Plan Would Be a Drag on Growth