Economic History Roundup
Kirsten Salyer writes about consumer culture for Bloomberg View and is the site's engagement editor. She has also written for Condé Nast Traveler, Texas Monthly and Houston Community Newspapers. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism and international studies from Northwestern University.
Here are our picks for economic-history reads of the week:
- Resources for the Future on U.S. shale-gas development
- Mainly Macro on the importance of understanding economic history
- Project Syndicate on lessons from World War I for today's economy
- Mental Floss on a brief history of sliced bread
- The Atlantic on when there were more jobs than people
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.