Economic History Roundup
Kirsten Salyer writes about consumer culture for Bloomberg View and is the site's engagement editor. She has also written for Condé Nast Traveler, Texas Monthly and Houston Community Newspapers. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism and international studies from Northwestern University.
Here are our picks for economic-history reads of the week:
- Salon on how economic inequality was created
- The Exchange on a guide to the London Metropolitan business archives
- Wichita Public Radio on the history of African-American entrepreneurs in Wichita
- NBC News on the creation of the Interstate Highway System
- The Smithsonian on the 50th anniversary of zip codes
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.