Economic History Roundup
Kirsten Salyer writes about consumer culture for Bloomberg View and is the site's engagement editor. She has also written for Condé Nast Traveler, Texas Monthly and Houston Community Newspapers. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism and international studies from Northwestern University.
- Free Exchange on lessons from the U.S.'s long history of property booms
- Federal Reserve Board on farm mortgage-debt relief programs during the 1930s
- University of Bologna on high income inequality and banking crises from 1980 to 2010
- The Huffington Post on the decline of economic history
- Project Syndicate on changes to the socioeconomic gap over time
- History News Network on the role of historians in the Defense of Marriage Act decision
- Barry Ritholtz on economists' physics envy
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.