The Supreme Court Matters Less Than You ThinkStephen L. Carter
June 25 (Bloomberg) -- In a classic “Doonesbury” cartoon from July 1973, the chief justice of the U.S. prefaces the reading of an opinion with these words: “Well, we’ve been conferring like crazy, and I think we have got ourselves another snappy 5-4 decision.” And, lo, here we are, almost exactly 40 years later, at the end of yet another Supreme Court term full of snappy -- and controversial -- 5-4 decisions.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Is Helping To Make Elites Great Again
- No One Wants Your Used Clothes Anymore
- Palestinian President Shows the World Who He Really Is
- Sorry, Bitcoin Fans. Digital Currency Is Still a Dream.
- After Trump and Brexit, Italy Falls for Nostalgia
- Trump's Lame Excuse for Avoiding London
- What If Trump Was Misheard? Some Options