Obama's Climate Plan Is Vital. And Undemocratic.
As soon as President Barack Obama finished outlining his plan to fight climate change by sidestepping Congress, the unblinkingly pro-market Competitive Enterprise Institute issued a statement denouncing his approach as "undemocratic" and "bordering on authoritarian." I never thought I'd write this, but CEI raises a good point: What makes it OK to sidestep Congress?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- China Could Seize a Bit of the Skies
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights