Economic History Roundup
Kirsten Salyer writes about consumer culture for Bloomberg View and is the site's engagement editor. She has also written for Condé Nast Traveler, Texas Monthly and Houston Community Newspapers. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism and international studies from Northwestern University.
- Barry Ritholtz on total real market returns from 1871 to 2012
- The Exchange on remembering Robert W. Fogel
- The Smithsonian on why 18th century Europeans feared the tomato
- The University of Oxford on slavery, the Atlantic economy and the Industrial Revolution
- UCLA on the decline of the U.S. rust belt
- Hagley Museum and Library on the history of product packaging
- The Christian Science Monitor on the world's last telegram
- Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland on the history of the New York Clearing House
- i09 on the coolest flags in history
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.