Economic History Roundup
Kirsten Salyer writes about consumer culture for Bloomberg View and is the site's engagement editor. She has also written for Condé Nast Traveler, Texas Monthly and Houston Community Newspapers. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism and international studies from Northwestern University.
- The Exchange on oral histories on regulation
- American University on unlearned lessons from the financial crisis of 1929
- Reuters on whether the euro crisis is over
- Free Exchange on remembering Robert Fogel
- EconStor on government debt during the 19th century
- Foreign Policy on the U.S. choosing security over liberty since 1798
- Listverse on 10 everyday words with unexpected origins
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.