Economic History Roundup
Kirsten Salyer writes about consumer culture for Bloomberg View and is the site's engagement editor. She has also written for Condé Nast Traveler, Texas Monthly and Houston Community Newspapers. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism and international studies from Northwestern University.
- Wonkblog on Social Security's racist origins
- Australian National University on sovereign debt and default
- Mental Floss on rare color footage of Depression-era New York
- Graduate Institute of Geneva on the origins of rating agencies' regulatory license
- Fast Company on the evolution of the @ symbol
- Open Markets on ideas for the euro area from economic history
- Project Syndicate on Europe's Latin bloc
- Slate on Paul Revere's vision of occupied Boston
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.