Will Mortgage Bonds Enter the Vortex?
In my previous post, I argued that bondholders will probably be able to tolerate any "tapering" of the Federal Reserve's asset purchases so long as they aren't using much leverage and are willing to hold to maturity. After all, the Fed has been bidding up financial asset prices to stimulate the economy, and I doubt financial policymakers would consciously choose to inflict substantial losses on savers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Why the Tax Bill's Errors Won't Be Fixed
- What's the Value of Bitcoin? Who Knows
- Bitcoin Is a Bit of a Miracle at Any Price
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Bitcoin Futures and Banky Thoughts
- Bitcoin Futures Aren't a Big Hit, and That's Good