Will a Shopping Mall Be Turkey's Tahrir Square?
In 2011, protesters in Egypt occupied Cairo's central Tahrir Square to call for the downfall of the government and clashed repeatedly with police. Now, in Turkey, police have been fighting running battles to eject protesters from Gezi Park, which is attached to Istanbul's central Taksim Square.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Re-Election Edge Is Greatly Exaggerated
- Stick With Numbers When Judging Trump's Rally
- Talking North Korea and Iran With Israel's Rocket Man
- Are Blockchain Diplomas the Real Deal?
- Crisis, What Crisis? Banks Pile Back Into China
- Think the U.S. Has a Facebook Problem? Look to Asia
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks