Economic History Roundup
Kirsten Salyer writes about consumer culture for Bloomberg View and is the site's engagement editor. She has also written for Condé Nast Traveler, Texas Monthly and Houston Community Newspapers. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism and international studies from Northwestern University.
- The Atlantic on how the Romans swore
- Brandeis University on three forms of fiscal discrimination
- Securities and Exchange Commission Historical Society on financial scandals and the legislation they inspired
- Carola Binder on parallels between the euro crisis and the 1840s
- History News Network on the 10 biggest economic-policy mistakes
- Vox on the effect of macroeconomic shocks on public and private saving
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.