Economic History Roundup
Kirsten Salyer writes about consumer culture for Bloomberg View and is the site's engagement editor. She has also written for Condé Nast Traveler, Texas Monthly and Houston Community Newspapers. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism and international studies from Northwestern University.
- Business Insider on a tour through the New York Stock Exchange archives
- Vanderbilt University Economics Department on the creation of the U.S. monetary union
- Quartz on the new $100 bill
- Robert Shiller on the endless cycle of real-estate speculation in the U.S.
- Marginal Revolution on trailer parks, the new shantytowns
- Vox on the effect of public debt on economic growth
- Hagley Museum and Library on the creation of the modern bathroom
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.