Economic History Roundup
Kirsten Salyer writes about consumer culture for Bloomberg View and is the site's engagement editor. She has also written for Condé Nast Traveler, Texas Monthly and Houston Community Newspapers. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism and international studies from Northwestern University.
- Brad DeLong on changes in the standard of living over time
- Paul Krugman on the Carmen Reinhart-Kenneth Rogoff coding error
- Harvard Business Review on how the macroeconomics sausage is made
- Economix on a history of mistakes in economic studies
- History News Network on the year the army wasn't paid
- Matthew Zeitlin on data disasters more embarrassing than Reinhart and Rogoff's
Read more Echoes online.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.