Xi Jinping’s Taxi to NowhereAdam Minter
April 18 (Bloomberg) -- Beijing’s taxi drivers are most notable for two characteristics. First, they know and love their politics. Rightly or wrongly, they tend to consider themselves among the city’s most astute analysts of what’s happening behind the Communist Party’s many closed doors. Second, they have an almost supernatural capacity to recognize gullible passengers whom they can plunder with longer-than-necessary rides (while telling tales of the city’s powerful).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.
- How Gavin Newsom Got to Be a Front-Runner
- Don't Be Afraid of the Net Neutrality Repeal
- Consider the Consequences of #BelieveAllWomen
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.