When Roosevelt Sent the Jobless Into the Woods
During the Great Depression, one challenge for the government was how to create jobs without competing with private enterprise. In late March 1933, President Franklin D. Roosevelt recommended creating a "civilian conservation corps to be used in simple work, not interfering with normal employment."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- Trump Might Actually Wreck Nafta, Believe Him
- A Corporate Tax Cut Isn't Just a Giveaway to the Rich
- The Three Scenarios That Should Guide Investors
- Black Monday and Long-Term Investors