Economic History Roundup
Kirsten Salyer writes about consumer culture for Bloomberg View and is the site's engagement editor. She has also written for Condé Nast Traveler, Texas Monthly and Houston Community Newspapers. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism and international studies from Northwestern University.
- Project Syndicate on the use and abuse of monetary history
- Vox on the economic legacy of Margaret Thatcher
- American Enterprise on the history of agricultural innovation
- History News Network on new opposition to old sports mascots
- The New York Times on why investors should join the stock-market rally
- Quartz on how corporations made the Harlem Shake go viral
- OUP Blog on Lysol's misleading birth-control marketing claims
Read more Echoes online.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.