Dividing Hunters From Ideologuesby
“This is common sense,” Democratic Senator Joe Manchin said today as he and Republican Senator Pat Toomey announced their proposal to subject gun sales online and at gun shows to background checks. In the politics of guns, common sense counts as a major breakthrough. The bipartisan deal might even be enough to help background-check legislation pass in Congress. If not, the long-term implications of the compromise are still important.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- What a Middling Uber Rating Might Say About You
- Democrats' Next Tax Victory Is Worth the Wait
- The End of Net Neutrality Isn't the End of the World
- Never-Trumpers Never Agree About Anything Else
- The Blockchain Might Scare the Gig Economy to Death