Economic History Roundup
This week's economic history links.Âby
- The Opinionator on the role of slavery in the U.S.'s economic development
- Zero Hedge on 193 years of currency regimes and crises
- The Atlantic on the U.S.'s first manned balloon flight
- The Federal Reserve Board on lessons from the use of reserve requirements to promote bank liquidity
- The College of William and Mary on the effect of the Civil Rights Act on the economic status of Asian Americans
- The City University London on the role of European shadow banking on the evolution of monetary institutions
- Free Exchange on the decrease in the U.S. saving rate
Read more Echoes online.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
You might like:
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Bitcoin Is a Bit of a Miracle at Any Price
- Bitcoin Futures and Banky Thoughts
- Bitcoin Futures Aren't a Big Hit, and That's Good
- What's the Value of Bitcoin? Who Knows
- The Tax Bill Won't Matter When It's Time to Vote