Economic History Roundup
Kirsten Salyer writes about consumer culture for Bloomberg View and is the site's engagement editor. She has also written for Condé Nast Traveler, Texas Monthly and Houston Community Newspapers. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism and international studies from Northwestern University.
- The Opinionator on the role of slavery in the U.S.'s economic development
- Zero Hedge on 193 years of currency regimes and crises
- The Atlantic on the U.S.'s first manned balloon flight
- The Federal Reserve Board on lessons from the use of reserve requirements to promote bank liquidity
- The College of William and Mary on the effect of the Civil Rights Act on the economic status of Asian Americans
- The City University London on the role of European shadow banking on the evolution of monetary institutions
- Free Exchange on the decrease in the U.S. saving rate
Read more Echoes online.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.