Cyprus Pilots an ‘Exodus’ Without Paul NewmanCaroline Baum
March 20 (Bloomberg) -- Mention the tiny island-nation of Cyprus, and the first thing that comes to my mind is Paul Newman and “Exodus.” In the 1960 film of Leon Uris’s novel, Newman stars as Zionist leader Ari Ben Canaan, who goes to Cyprus in 1947 to rescue Jewish refugees being held in British internment camps.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Trump Takes a (Calculated) Risk on Immigration
- What Last Week Tells Us About Bitcoin
- Not Driving to Work Is the Hot New High-End Job Perk
- What Jamie Dimon Got Wrong About Bitcoin and Tulips
- Why China Is So Confident