Facts Get in Way of Good Story
Remember when Wal-Mart Stores Inc. executives were bemoaning the fact that February sales represented the worst start to a month since God knows when, and all the Negative Nellies said, see, I told you so! I told you the economy was going to implode because the temporary payroll tax cut was reversed at the start of the year. I told you businesses would stop hiring because income tax rates went up for top earners. I told you (actually President Barack Obama did) the $42 billion of automatic spending cuts in fiscal 2013 were going to permeate every aspect of our lives and leave death and destruction in their wake?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- California Can't Make Trump an Ethical President
- Why Weinstein Held On For So Long and Fell So Fast