Amend Texas Constitution to Hogtie Public SpendingW. Michael Cox and Richard Alm
Feb. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Good times fill public coffers with new revenue, at least some of it unanticipated. Seeing the windfall, U.S. state legislatures usually proceed to spend it. After all, that’s what politicians love to do. And so governments grow bigger and bigger.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Re-Election Edge Is Greatly Exaggerated
- We Libertarians Were Really Wrong About School Vouchers
- Piketty's Inequality Theory Gets Dinged
- Trump's Numbers Guy Isn't Great With Numbers
- Stick With Numbers When Judging Trump's Rally
- Trump's First Nine Months? 5 Out of 10
- The Harder Brexit Gets, the More Necessary It Seems