The Real Reason Republicans Should Fear Immigrationby
The fight over immigration reform has led to some strategic handwringing among Republicans: If we let more immigrants in, and most of them are Hispanics, how will they tend to vote? Some conservatives are worried that Hispanics will be disproportionately dependent on government and therefore likely to vote for Democrats. But others argue that Hispanics are "natural conservatives" who can be drawn to a conservative economic agenda.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech
- Why Workers Are Losing to Capitalists
- What We Still Don't Know About Obama-Era 'Unmasking'
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations