Put Away Your Wand, Platinum Coins Aren't Magic
One barrier to acceptance of the platinum coin strategy to avoid the debt ceiling is that most observers are overstating its bizarreness. In particular, numerous media outlets have been describing the coin as "magic." But there would be nothing magic about minting one or many large-denomination platinum coins -- it would just be another way of printing money.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- Trump Might Actually Wreck Nafta, Believe Him
- A Corporate Tax Cut Isn't Just a Giveaway to the Rich
- The Three Scenarios That Should Guide Investors
- Black Monday and Long-Term Investors