Stingy Founder of ‘Genius Grants’ Was No Fan of CharityNancy Kriplen
Oct. 2 (Bloomberg) -- It is a delicious bit of irony that the last name of a compulsive tightwad has entered the national vocabulary as a one-word descriptor for one of America’s most generous philanthropic awards. Artists and scientists and academics can now win “a MacArthur” just as they win a Pulitzer, a Fulbright or a Guggenheim.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- What Trump Got (Half) Right in Asia
- Let's Start Taking Trump's Unpopularity Seriously
- Up Next: Cryptocurrency Goes to the Moon
- China's Top Economic Risk? Education.
- China Looks to the Dumb Money for Its Financial Industry
- The Retail Apocalypse and the Jerry Jones Problem