Romney Is Avoiding Estate Taxes. So What?by
Yesterday, Bloomberg's Jesse Drucker broke the news that Mitt Romney is using a generation-skipping trust to reduce taxes on his estate. Romney's strategy is complicated, but it boils down to contributing assets with a low stated value, so that gains on the assets will be subject only to capital gains tax, and not to estate tax.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Trump Has Created Leverage Against Iran. Now He Needs a Closer.