Fix a Bond, Build a Bridge, Help Taxpayers and Investorsby
In 2009, with the U.S. roiled by recession and investors fleeing the municipal-bond market, President Barack Obama started a program that allowed cities and states to sell taxable bonds on which the federal government would offer an interest subsidy of 35 percent.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- China Could Seize a Bit of the Skies
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- More Sanctions, Fewer Insults Against North Korea
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights