How Maine Scared the Republican Partyby
In early September 1932, New Hampshire Republican Senator George Moses concluded that President Herbert Hoover’s re-election was certain. A “hard fight” lay ahead, he told the New York Times, but he predicted Hoover could count on a minimum of 288 Electoral College votes, 22 more than a majority.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- Brexit Talks Are Failing. Somebody Needs to Care.
- California Can't Make Trump an Ethical President