How Maine Scared the Republican Partyby
In early September 1932, New Hampshire Republican Senator George Moses concluded that President Herbert Hoover’s re-election was certain. A “hard fight” lay ahead, he told the New York Times, but he predicted Hoover could count on a minimum of 288 Electoral College votes, 22 more than a majority.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech
- Trump Takes a (Calculated) Risk on Immigration
- The Numbers Show Silicon Valley Is Already Fading
- Trump Needs a Win? Infrastructure Should Be a 'Gimme'