Romneycare? What's Romneycare?by
Kerry Healey, who served as lieutenant governor of Massachusetts under Mitt Romney, just gave a passionate speech about Romney’s accomplishments as governor.
Healey (for whom I interned when she ran for lieutenant governor) presented an impressive list:
Romney built a great cabinet full of talented people, half of whom were women.
He closed the state’s budget gap and ran up a large rainy day fund.
He improved education, cut taxes, presided over low unemployment and got the state a credit upgrade.
He served breakfast to veterans, declined his gubernatorial salary, and ably handled a crisis when the ceiling of a highway tunnel collapsed in Boston.
This is a pretty accurate summary of Romney’s service as governor that does not omit any of his major accomplishments or policy initiatives.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Facebook's Shareholders Are Disappointed
- Jared Kushner's Dreams of Mideast Peace Are Alive
- The Problem Is Facebook, Not Cambridge Analytica
- What China Revealed in Its National Congress
- Trump Can't Win a Trade War Alone
- Mark Zuckerberg Has No Way Out of Facebook's Quagmire
- This Is No Way to Run the U.S. Stock Market