`Othering' Barack Obamaby
The flap over Mitt Romney's crack on Friday that "no one's ever asked to see my birth certificate" has focused mostly on whether Romney was "dog-whistling" an affirmation to Republican base voters who cling to the conspiracy theory that President Barack Obama was born abroad and faked his Hawaiian birth records. This misses the point.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- A Russian Take on 'The Americans' Scares Moscow Liberals