Paul Ryan Should Be the Ross Perot of 2012Virginia Postrel
Aug. 14 (Bloomberg) -- The traditional roles of a U.S. presidential running mate are ticket balancer and attack dog. With their choices of Al Gore and Dick Cheney, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush added another: the brainy policy partner with big-picture views.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Democrats' Next Tax Victory Is Worth the Wait
- What a Middling Uber Rating Might Say About You
- The End of Net Neutrality Isn't the End of the World
- Steve Mnuchin Says the Darnedest Things