Are Chinese Olympians Competing Against Colonialism?by
In advance of the London Olympics, China’s sports authorities went out of their way to dampen gold medal expectations. Nonetheless, there were exceptions, foremost among them the assumption that gymnast Chen Yibing would repeat his 2008 win on the rings. So when, on Monday night, Chen took the lead with a lofty score of 15.800, everything was right in China -- but only briefly.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- Steve Mnuchin Says the Darnedest Things
- The Uncertain Future of Bitcoin Futures
- Putin's Patriotic Frenzy Is Turning on Him
- Score One for the Experts as Brexit Costs Grow