Russia Starts Building Chinese Wall To Block Internetby
On July 10, the Russian-language Wikipedia greeted its millions of users with a largely blank page and a message asking them to “imagine a world without free knowledge.” The impetus for the web site's one-day protest: Russia's leaders are moving toward the creation of a "great firewall," along Chinese lines, to limit what the country's Internet users can see and read.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Tax Bill Is a Trillion-Dollar Blunder
- Thank Goodness for Donald Trump
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.
- When Trump's Electoral Magic Fades
- Trump Plays Reagan's Game on Tariffs and Taxes
- Trump Could Actually Make Democracy Great Again. Don't Scoff.
- The FBI Scandal Hiding in Plain Sight