Russia Starts Building Chinese Wall To Block Internetby
On July 10, the Russian-language Wikipedia greeted its millions of users with a largely blank page and a message asking them to “imagine a world without free knowledge.” The impetus for the web site's one-day protest: Russia's leaders are moving toward the creation of a "great firewall," along Chinese lines, to limit what the country's Internet users can see and read.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- A Corporate Tax Cut Isn't Just a Giveaway to the Rich
- Trump Might Actually Wreck Nafta, Believe Him
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- The Three Scenarios That Should Guide Investors
- The Liberal Media Is Beating Donald Trump