Baseball’s First All-Star Game, a Gimmick That EnduredLawrence Goldstone
July 10 (Bloomberg) -- In 1928, to capitalize on a booming economy that everyone just knew would continue to improve, a group of Chicago businessmen decided to commemorate the city’s centennial by promoting a 1933 World’s Fair.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- What Trump Got (Half) Right in Asia
- Let's Start Taking Trump's Unpopularity Seriously
- China's Top Economic Risk? Education.
- Up Next: Cryptocurrency Goes to the Moon
- China Looks to the Dumb Money for Its Financial Industry
- Bitcoin Has an Unusual Relationship With Volatility