The Death-Penalty Debate Represents a Market FailureBetsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers
June 12 (Bloomberg) -- The debate over the death penalty offers a vivid illustration of a tragic flaw in the market of ideas: Strong beliefs attract a lot more attention, and can have a lot more influence, than the truth.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- Trump Takes a (Calculated) Risk on Immigration
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech
- Not Driving to Work Is the Hot New High-End Job Perk
- Trump Needs a Win? Infrastructure Should Be a 'Gimme'