Home-Loan Subsidy Leaves U.S. Exposed to Fiscal Stormsby
To understand the fiscal storm bearing down on the U.S., consider this: Federal spending now accounts for 23 percent of the economy, the highest level since the 1940s, while tax revenue stands at 15 percent, the lowest level since the 1950s. Anyone who can balance a checkbook understands the ramifications of that asymmetry.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- California Can't Make Trump an Ethical President
- Why Weinstein Held On For So Long and Fell So Fast