The Bonus Army Marches on Washingtonby
The heroes of 1917 had become bums by 1932. On June 3, 1932, diarist Benjamin Roth of Youngstown, Ohio, wrote: "Thousands of world war veterans are marching toward Washington to demand that Congress pay them their bonus."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Re-Election Edge Is Greatly Exaggerated
- We Libertarians Were Really Wrong About School Vouchers
- Trump's Numbers Guy Isn't Great With Numbers
- Piketty's Inequality Theory Gets Dinged
- Trump's First Nine Months? 5 Out of 10
- Stick With Numbers When Judging Trump's Rally
- The New Populism Isn't About Economics