The Bonus Army Marches on Washingtonby
The heroes of 1917 had become bums by 1932. On June 3, 1932, diarist Benjamin Roth of Youngstown, Ohio, wrote: "Thousands of world war veterans are marching toward Washington to demand that Congress pay them their bonus."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Let's Start Taking Trump's Unpopularity Seriously
- Trump's Clinton Fixation Should Scare All Americans
- What to Ask When Decades-Old Harassment Surfaces
- Don't Hold Your Breath on 'Reckoning' for Bill Clinton
- Why Trump Doesn't Trust His Spies
- Trump Lost Sight of His Promising Asia Vision
- Tesla Keeps Scaring the Other Automakers