The Bonus Army Marches on Washingtonby
The heroes of 1917 had become bums by 1932. On June 3, 1932, diarist Benjamin Roth of Youngstown, Ohio, wrote: "Thousands of world war veterans are marching toward Washington to demand that Congress pay them their bonus."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Is Helping To Make Elites Great Again
- Trump's 'Fake News Awards' Have a Sinister Subtext
- No One Wants Your Used Clothes Anymore
- Don't Blame Robots for President Trump
- Palestinian President Shows the World Who He Really Is
- If Everyone Loses Money Together It's Fine
- Food Stamps Should Be Spent on Food