Inflation Lurks as Stealth Tax on Top of Form 1040Caroline Baum
April 12 (Bloomberg) -- Inflation is sometimes referred to as a hidden tax. Unlike other taxes, it doesn’t require legislation by Congress or the states. It doesn’t merit a line item on the 1040 federal income-tax form many Americans will file this week. And it doesn’t appear on the bottom of sales’ receipts as a percentage markup on the things we buy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- 'Gaydar' Shows How Creepy Algorithms Can Get
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- The NFL Can't Afford to Become a Battleground
- In NFL Fight, Trump Embraces Political Correctness
- Can We Stop Calling It a 'Muslim Ban' Now?
- Yes, Trump's True Aim Is to Inflame Racial Tensions
- Dial Down the National Anthem at Sporting Events