The Fed Needs a New, Simpler MandateClive Crook
Last Friday’s disappointing U.S. jobs numbers came as less of a surprise to Ben Bernanke than to many others. The Federal Reserve chairman had warned that the earlier pace of improvement in the labor market might tail off. Unfortunately, being right about that won’t make his job over the coming months any easier.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- Trump Takes a (Calculated) Risk on Immigration
- Not Driving to Work Is the Hot New High-End Job Perk
- What Last Week Tells Us About Bitcoin
- What Jamie Dimon Got Wrong About Bitcoin and Tulips