The Fed Needs a New, Simpler MandateClive Crook
Last Friday’s disappointing U.S. jobs numbers came as less of a surprise to Ben Bernanke than to many others. The Federal Reserve chairman had warned that the earlier pace of improvement in the labor market might tail off. Unfortunately, being right about that won’t make his job over the coming months any easier.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- A Russian Take on 'The Americans' Scares Moscow Liberals