Merrill Lynch Anniversary Reminds Wall Street of Ethicsby
April 1 is the 72nd anniversary of the day that a merger of brokers created Merrill Lynch, E. A. Pierce & Cassatt. While the predecessor firms trace their histories back almost a century, the brokerage known in the trade as ``Mother Merrill'' came together in 1940. Amid the incessant drumbeats of protesters and strident manifestos upon resignation, amid the debates over the Volcker rule and the Buffett tax, the words of Charles Merrill serve to remind the financial community of the quiet power of doing well by doing good.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Trump Has Created Leverage Against Iran. Now He Needs a Closer.
- GOP Health-Care Bill Is Fair to All States